We just finished our Canadian Thanksgiving meal here in NYC with Brad's high school buddy, Jake, and his wife, Hee Young. We ate two roasted chickens instead of a turkey since I don't think a turkey would fit in our oven here. Oh city living! This year Canadian Thanksgiving was a bit nontraditional since we're in the USA for it, but it was still memorable. We toasted Thanksgiving over mimosas at brunch this morning with a dear old friend of mine, Emily, and her boyfriend Don as they were also in NYC. Perfect timing. Two meals with two Canadian sets of friends, for Canadian Thanksgiving in New York. Now, onto this week's mélange of posts!
- Have you ever made your own play dough? I want to try as soon as we get home!
- here's a second recipe, just for good measure ;)
- I'm convinced. I must make Lily and Oli a reading nook (read: tee pee) as their Christmas present. Matched with the huge bag of second hand books that I got this week for $12, I think it's a great gift for the holidays.
- Halloween cookies are always ghosts or pumpkins. But owls? Oh yes, I will make these!
- cute autumn craft with finger painting
- Great DIY cork board idea
- Oli's birth story part 2 and 3 are up! Slowly finishing that off :)
- A well-known family in my home town suffered tremendous tragedy this week. My cousin who is in Poland wrote a great post on her People and dealing with that from afar.
- This felt jack-o-lantern game for Lily got me thinking. A Christmas tree one would be fun too!